Thursday, December 9, 2010

Tanjoubi Omedetou

Here's a late post from last Saturday! I met up with my best friends, whom I haven't seen in a long time, to celebrate my birthday with an insanely fulfilling dinner at Sugi, one of my favourite Japanese restaurants in the metro (plates and plates and plates of Japanese delicacies, each cleaned out completely in 30 seconds!!) It was really chaotic in our tatami room, but it was definitely because we really missed each other and were taking this chance ---to yell obscenities and animatedly tell stories to each other--- for all that it was worth. I'm starting to think that we have a penchant for getting along especially well amidst chaos.. Ha! But anyway, I should quit yapping and move on to the photos!

Denim marching band jacket: Greenhills Tiangge | Tank top, necklace, belt:  I forgot, sorry! | Skirt: thrifted | Oxford heels: Bangkok (borrowed from my sister) | Bag: France (gift from mom)
I'll be honest. I really had no idea what to wear, so this outfit was thrown on rather haphazardly. Thankfully it isn't too horrid. My hair is so long, poofy and unruly! It's currently in a very awkward growing stage and poofs out in strange places. I haven't had hair this "long" in years... Feeling it brush against the back of my neck is something I'm not used to. How is this information relevant to your interests? It isn't. Ha.


Another shot of the outfit. I thank the rest of our lovely friends, who patiently waited while Ina and I went off to take outfit photos, all ~*~*~fashion blogger~*~*~-like.


Ina finally managed to give me my own Cheapskateer pin. I stare at it every now and then. It makes me happy. Yes, I'm shallow. Yes, I have stalker tendencies.


I'm in love with the fact that this bag has both fringes AND embossed skulls on it. It's very Jack Sparrow... Or at least I think so. I don't have anything else to say, so I'll pass the torch on to Ina!

-------------------------

Top: Thrift | Skirt: Bazaar | Bag: Gift | Shoes: Tutto Moda

My lovely wrap-around skirt has a beautiful print on it, which I think was fitting for the venue since we had dinner at a Japanese restaurant. Purple shoes have Syvester the Cat's face on them and are secretly HUGE on me, so I usually wear them when I'm in long bottoms. Longbottom. Harry Potter. I haven't seen the latest movie yet.

Don't be fooled by the Italian origins of my shoes though! They were a bargain when I was younger so we couldn't pass up the sale despite how wrong the size is on me.


Prints prints prints. I don't remember where I got my necklace though, but I'm guessing it's from another bazaar.


Here I am pointing out that the three pendants are the three hand signs for the game "Rock, Paper, Scissors".


And look, we remembered to take a picture together this time! Hurray! Did I ever mention that I'm the shortest in our group? Maronne in heels helps emphasize my height.

I close the post with a picture our polaroid shot that night. Thanks for reading!

Go Cheapskateers!

No comments:

Post a Comment