Wednesday, March 9, 2011

How to Wear the Same Dress Over and Over Again

Let me share with you that time in January when I documented two outfits that used the same dress.

Top: People are People (?) | Dress: (vintage) United Colors of Benetton | Skirt: Tiangge | Shoes: Thrift
Not all that obvious, but I'm wearing my overused Benetton dress underneath. The skirt/tutu/petticoat thing was something I found in this place near my old house. I think they have custom-made stuff...? I dunno, it was just something random we stumbled upon one night after having dinner out.


I'm not sure if this cropped top is really from People are People, by the way. Regardless, I like how it looks like strips of paper were glued onto the shirt. Hurrhurr. Also, accessories here are either from Gingersnaps/Just G., bazaars and a capsule toy.


Here's a better look at the skirt. Moving on to the next outfit...

Top: DIY | Shoes: Dad's
Same dress from the other outfit. This striped top was an old tee that I got from the department store. The idea of making it like a mullet-shirt-cape thing came to me some time last year, but it only came to life in January when I asked my mom if she could do it for me. ('Cause I can't sew, hehehe......)

Also, the shoes are my dad's, and I'm really surprise how well they fit me and NOT MAKE ME LOOK LIKE I HAVE CLOWN FEET hahahaha!


I like 'mullet' dresses/tops/skirts (and well, hair, like how mine pseudo-is), so this is almost the same concept. Basically I had the front part cut off then sewn on the end of the back, so the front is bare and back is really long. Moreover, when I got the shirt, the design was a deliberate 'inside-out' thing, making it look like the shirt is worn in reverse.

Necklace: The Bead Shop
Rings are...from everywhere again LOL


I ALSO REALLY LOVE HOW THIS TOP MAKES ME FEEL LIKE A SUPERHERO WITH A CAPE OKAY HAHAHAHAHAHA BYE

No comments:

Post a Comment