Monday, June 13, 2011

Birthdays and Back to School

Heeeeyyyy everyone! How was the first day (or week/s for some, myself included) of school? My mind is secretly still in summer bum mode, but my body says otherwise. Anyway, here's an outfit I had last Saturday for a friend's birthday dinner.


Top: Borrowed from mom | Dress: Thrifted | Shoes: SM Department Store

One of my friends said I looked like a mascot for Omakase, which was the restaurant where we had dinner. Another said I resembled a member of the Akatsuki (the rogue ninja group from Naruto) because of the dress. Never really thought of it that way, but I can see how they made that comparison. I guess this dress is a chic version of the Akatsuki cloak? HAHA!



I love all the crazy details on this dress. I've had it since last year but only wore it last week because I was never sure how I'd wear it.


My lovely company that night. Thanks for an awesome dinner (and beyond!) Belated happy birthday again, Stephy!

Here's an outfit I wore the next day for some family affairs.


Top + Pants: Thrifted | Shoes: YRYS

I don't think I've properly introduced my genie pants to this blog yet. No explanation needed as to why they're called genie pants!


The shoes have gold and silver sequins that you can switch between when you rub them. I thought that was pretty rad. /dweeb


The ribbon necklace was originally a necklace and earrings set (the two smaller bows are the earrings), but I asked my mom if she could attach the earrings to the necklace instead.


The chain necklace I believe is from Girl Shoppe? Please notice the space ship print on my top that I super duper love.

Thanks to my cousin Gen for these shots!
Oh right. The bangles are a gift from my mom when she went to the States a couple of years back, and you're all well-acquainted with my jelly bracelets from the kid's department at Rustan's.


This top makes me feel more like a ninja than the other outfit, if anything. Hello, epic-that-turns-into-a-hood!

That's pretty much it for this post. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment